Our CEO and President Darren Magarro recently appeared on the podcast Agency Life – a show featuring real stories from marketing agency owners about their journey, their successes, their failures, the people in their company, the highs and lows and everything in between of this crazy roller coaster ride of agency life.
In this interview, Darren spoke with host Clodagh S.Higgins about leading with the right people, principles, and values both in business and life.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Darren talks about the origin story of DSM and goes over how he started the agency from the front porch of his house
- Why (now more than ever) trust and communication are so important for an agency – both in working together as a team and cultivating great relationships with clients
- Why Darren didn’t choose to serve a specific niche and how this has paid dividends for the agency looking back
- Knowing the type of clients you are looking to serve and why it’s essential to cultivate great relationships with them
- The importance of passion in business and why Darren credits it as one of his keys to success
- How Darren manages the networking and sales side of running a digital marketing agency and what it takes to routinely generate new business and keep moving the agency moving forward
- The importance of having a strong team of great, compassionate people working together towards common goals for the betterment of the agency and it’s clients
You can watch a video of the interview below – you can also listen to it on your favorite podcast app by following the links below.