There’s a lot of noise out there right now. We know. Rather than add to the noise, our goal at DSM is to be a beacon of light and a fountain of resources for both those who need them most and those who have the means to help. In an effort to do so and be such, we’ve compiled a list of what we believe to be some of the most helpful and pertinent Coronavirus resources. It’s a carefully curated collection of articles, announcements and educational materials that relate to our local New Jersey community and the world at large. This list will continue to evolve as the situation does and we hope it can be of benefit to you, someone you love or someone in your community.
General COVID-19 Educational Resources
Resources to Support Health Care Centers and Workers
Valley is literally on the front lines in our community and they need your help. A national shortage of masks, gowns, goggles and other personal protective equipment (PPE) is one of the biggest challenges right now for hospitals and healthcare workers. If you have extra supplies of unused personal protective equipment, please considering donating them. This includes the following:
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Face shields or goggles
- Fluid resistant isolation gowns
- Non-latex (nitrile) gloves
They have established a drop-off site at the Hospital’s main entrance at 223 North Van Dien Avenue in Ridgewood. Donations may be dropped off Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
A fund, COVID-19 Response Efforts, has also been established at The Valley Hospital Foundation. You can give online by clicking here or by sending a check payable to The Valley Hospital Foundation to 223 North Van Dien Avenue, Ridgewood, New Jersey 07450.
Your donations will help their physicians, nurses, and other providers remain healthy, ready and able to care for patients.
Like Valley, Christian Health Care Center serves some of the most vulnerable populations in our community. They have two urgent needs:
- They are calling upon those who are certified to deliver clinical care to please come forward and offer the gifts, talents, educational and experience you have been blessed with to assist those at Christian Health Care Center.
- There’s an urgent need for PPE, such as face masks/N-95, protective goggles, isolation/surgical gowns and gloves.
Please drop off PPE, such as N95 or surgical masks, fluid-resistant gowns, non-latex gloves, face shields, and protective goggles to CHCC’s main entrance at 700 Mountain Ave., Wyckoff, NJ. Providers willing to give their time and talents can call (201) 848-5200.
Resources to Support Your Local Community
We know everyone is hunkering down right now, but our friends at Eva’s Village are still planning to serve lunch to 400-500 people every day who would otherwise go hungry. This is no small task, especially considering the social distancing requirements. Please considering giving to Eva’s right now so that they have the resources they need to serve our community. Even a small donation can make a world of difference. Truly. Eva’s Village is not the only Paterson nonprofit continuing to distribute food and offer support to community members daily.
These sister organizations are also working to keep our most vulnerable residents fed and taken care of. They could use your support in any shape or form, whether that form of support comes from a donation to help keep their operations running or sharing their information on your social channels to spread awareness:
- CUMAC, a nonprofit organization with the goal of feeding people and changing lives, is distributing food Mon. – Fri. 11 a.m. – 3 p.m/ & Wed. 4 p.m.- 6 p.m.
- St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation, which provides various human service programs to more than 5,000 individuals and families annually, is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Oasis – A Haven for Women and Children is offering “grab and go” meals at lunchtime and distributing emergency food packages, baby formula and baby food, diapers and wipes to the community from 10 a.m – 2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Business, Job and Productivity Resources
- COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus Information for New Jersey Businesses
- State of New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal
- How to File for Unemployment Benefits if You Lose Your Job Because of The Coronavirus
- How to Work From Home: 20 Tips From People Who Do It Successfully
- 4 Ways to Be More Productive When Working From Home
- 6 Rules for Email and Work Chat Etiquette in the Age of COVID-19
We’re doing everything in our power to be there, virtually, for our clients and our communities right now. If you have any additional resources that you would like to see added to this list, please don’t hesitate reach out. On a similar note, if there is anything that DSM can do for you, our ears are open to listen and our hearts open to help. We’re here and we will do whatever we can.