How are you connecting with your colleagues in the work place? You could stop working, get up and walk to their station to interrupt what they’re doing to talk to them. Or, you could incorporate internal chat software throughout your organization.
Here’s what internal chat software can do for your agency:
- Facilitate communication with everyone in the office
- Create groups for certain projects
- Create departments with restricted access
- Get each job done faster and more efficiently
- Save time on all your internal communications
- Allow for quieter communications
Internal chat software for marketing agencies and organizations are turning out to be highly beneficial in many different ways. Agencies with external and internal communication plans are experiencing significant advantages, as well as enormous returns on their investment.
Here are a few chat software programs for agencies that we’ve found that might work for you.
HipChat is one of our favorites at our northern NJ marketing agency. Not only can you video call and instant message your coworkers, but it also allows you to screen share and search your discussion by keyword.
Some other cool features are:
- Secure guest access. Allow your clients or other third-parties into your chat room and they’ll only see what you want them to see
- Unlimited chat rooms
- Drag and drop file sharing
- Fun emoticons, animated GIFs, Instagram feeds and Twitter
HipChat is built for business, so it understands your needs. With secure messaging that you can run on multiple platforms, you can bring the office with you wherever you go.
Slack is another office favorite at DSM. This user friendly team communication tool looks good and works well for all the business that you need to get done. Slack is free to use for as long as you want it and with an unlimited number of people.
Here’s what you can find on Slack:
- Synchronization among all your devices, like your laptop, phone and tablet
- Context search throughout individual and group chats
- Notifications for desktop, mobile push and email to keep you constantly informed
- Easy drag-and-drop file sharing
Slack is a modern team communication tool for businesses of the modern world.
When you think business chat and texting, Hall is often the first name many marketing agencies and organizations mention. Thousands of teams rely heavily on this chat software when it comes to their everyday texting and internal business chat.
You will enjoy the following features:
- Unlimited groups and users
- Unlimited integrations
- Private chats and group chats
- Synchronization with all tablets, smart phones, computers, and web browsers
- All notifications available in one central place, which makes them easy to find
Hall is highly useful as a communication tool in and around the office. It offers real-time updates and you never have to wait for emails from your managers again.
Campfire is an older team chat application that came from the people that created the project management tool Basecamp. It is a web-based group chat that allows you to link to a room on your intranet for internal communications. Although it is only designed for group chat, you can make private rooms and invite selected guests to join.
The advantages are:
- There is nothing to install or download, all you need is a web browser
- You can collaborate using your computer or the Campfire app for iPhone
- It integrates nicely with Basecamp, if you’re already using it!
This option is straightforward and allows your team to get on the same page.
Here is another free LAN Messenger that has been used successfully as marketing agency chat software. Squiggle allows you to conduct all your internal chats without any external interruptions.
- Private and group chats
- Broadcast chat
- Spell check
- Emoticons, Buzz and Audio alerts
- An optional bridge that helps you to connect two LAN’s across WAN
Try Squiggle if you’re looking for a free, peer-to-peer LAN messenger.
If you havn’t implemented any chat software for your marketing agency yet, you can understand now after seeing all the cool features from the softwares above why it is such a huge necessity in any business. You can speed up most of the processes in your office by using an internal chat software application and complete your tasks faster with greater success too.
Did we miss anything important to you? Let us know what chat software your agency uses in the comments below!